Submit a Request

How to submit different types of requests

Maintenance work requests are managed by each IU campus’s facility services office.

Services covered include repairs, general maintenance, custodial, installation of items attached to a building, building emergencies, moving and event setups, grounds and landscape, snow and ice removal, heat/air conditioning, temperature controls, paint, plumbing, fabrication, masonry, carpentry, elevators, fire controls, etc.


If you are in an emergency situation, call 911 first, then contact your campus facility services office.


Contact your campus facility services office to submit a maintenance work request. IU CAS authentication is required to submit a maintenance work request.

Please note: IU has established temperature set points

IU has established consistent target temperatures (set points) for heating and cooling equipment in all campus buildings to help increase efficiency and lower carbon emissions.

View an infographic

Read the announcement

Building exterior or grounds safety concerns - Bloomington campus only

To report Bloomington campus building exterior or grounds safety concerns such as campus lights not working, sidewalks needing repair, fallen trees and limbs, etc., use the exterior safety/maintenance request. The exterior safety form may be used by campus visitors.

Residence Hall concerns - Bloomington campus only

To report a concern at a residence hall on the Bloomington campus, please contact Residential Programs and Services (RPS) by using the student contact form or the non-student contact form.

Building design and construction is managed by IU Capital Projects for all IU campuses. It encompasses new construction, additions, renovations, interior design, space changes, floor coverings, wall coverings, window coverings/film, casework/millwork, etc.

Submit a request for service

Furniture and furnishings design and specifications are managed by IU Interior Design/Capital Projects, and we partner with IU Purchasing for procurement.

request for service should be completed when acquiring and/or reconfiguring furniture or furnishings for any IU-owned or -occupied space, particularly for custom items. Select “Furniture Only” on the request for service form. 

Some standard furniture and furnishings do not require a Capital Projects request for service and may be purchased directly through Kuali Financial System (KFS). For a complete list, which you should check periodically for updates, visit the IU Purchasing website and select the furniture spreadsheet.

Examples of standard items that may be purchased directly through KFS include:

  • Bookcases
  • Coat hooks, racks and trees
  • Corkboards
  • Ergonomic products
  • File cabinets
  • Folding chairs and tables
  • Guest chairs
  • Lab and exam stools
  • Lecterns
  • Lamps
  • Task chairs
  • Wire shelving

For additional information about placing standard furniture and furnishings orders and installation of standard items, visit the IU Purchasing website.

For questions or assistance with the request form for furniture/furnishings/interior design requests, including ordering of custom items, contact or 812-856-9659.

Submit a request for service

Executive leaders may submit space requests for the Bloomington and IUPUI campuses via the Space Committee Request process.


Pre-Construction Asbestos Compliance and Abatement Services (PCON) encompasses all inspections and testing to determine the presence/absence of asbestos (ACM) containing materials, providing cost estimates for compliance and abatement, and the safe removal of asbestos containing materials (where present).

Submit a PCON ACM request

Exterior signage including building signs, pole banners, or other banners must start with a University Communications & Marketing Signage Request

Continue to Building Signage Request ->


For Indianapolis-related questions:

Continue to IU Indianapolis Transition site ->


Examples of requests that should be directed to Facility Operations:

  • Standard code compliant room signage (Room, office, classroom, cubicle, and restroom with Braille)
  • Directional signage
  • Other standard university identification and information signs

Continue to Facility Operations ->


Examples of requests that should be directed to Capital Projects:

  • Plaques
  • Specialty signage
  • Standard exterior building sign

Continue to Capital Projects ->

Warranty requests may be submitted for IU construction projects that have been completed within the last two years. The IU Capital Projects Construction Manager assigned to the project will assist requestors with the repair or replacement process for the item being requested under warranty.

Submit a construction warranty request

Project status

View the current status of your project by using the Project/Work Order Lookup tool.

How a typical capital project progresses

Many capital project requests will follow this progression (depending on project scope and budget):

  1. Project request submission
  2. Project request processing, validation, and approvals
    1. Confirm need, project scope, funding, approvals
    2. Note: Funding must be in place before a project can proceed
  3. Planning and design
  4. Bid
  5. Construction
  6. Move coordination/occupancy
  7. Warranty
  8. Documentation closeout

View Sample Project Timelines

Please contact to request information contained on this page in an accessible format.