At the direction of President Pamela Whitten, Indiana University established a Climate Action Planning Committee to develop comprehensive recommendations to identify short- and long-term opportunities to reduce the impact of greenhouse gas emissions from its various campuses and units. The committee was announced on April 7, 2022.
- Thomas A. Morrison, vice president for capital planning and facilities.
- Siân Mooney, professor and dean of the O'Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs.
- James Farmer, associate professor in the O'Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs at IU Bloomington, director of the IU Food Institute and co-director of IU Campus Farm.
- Erin Argyilan, professor and chair of the Department of Geosciences at IU Northwest.
- Alisa Clapp-Itnyre, professor of English at IU East.
- Todd Grote, associate professor of geoscience at IU Southeast.
- Broxton Bird, associate professor of earth sciences at IUPUI.
- Sarah Mincey, clinical associate professor in the O'Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs at IU Bloomington, director of the Integrated Program on the Environment and managing director of the Environmental Resilience Institute.
- Gabriel Filippelli, professor in the School of Science at IUPUI and executive director of the Environmental Resilience Institute.
- Hope Stone, IU Northwest.
- Aspen Grieshaber, IUPUI.
- Rayden Sia, IUPUI.
- Alana Maria Davicino, IU Bloomington.
- Kevin Elmore, executive director of facilities and operations at IU Northwest.
- Camy Broeker, vice chancellor for business and finance at IUPUI.
- Brad Boswell, executive director of state relations.
- Jessica Davis, interim university director of sustainability.